Thursday, April 11, 2013

Fuity-O's

This is a Stewart recipe. If my sister-in-law were available to read this blog she would laugh at me for adding this recipe (She's on a mission). I was a skeptic for a long time about this recipe being any good. I for one think Cheerios are disgusting and didn't think there was a way you could make them taste good. The first time she made them for me, I didn't like them at all, but she admits she was a frugal college student and bought all off brand items to make them. The first time I "really" tried these was Christmas 2011 at my in-laws house in Silver City. I was sold! I could not stop eating these yummy simple treats. And best part they are even easier to make than rice crispy treats and a lot less calories. So if you need an easy treat to take to a scout meeting or a neighbor down the street and you have 5 minutes... cook up some Fruity-O's!

Fruity-O's
This is a double batch

1 (3 oz) package of Jell-O
1/3 cup light corn syrup
2 Tbsp butter (or margarine)
4 cups Cheerios

Grease a 9X9 pan or baking dish. In a large sauce pan, blend dry Jell-O, corn syrup, and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in Cheerios until thoroughly coated. Turn into prepared pan. Grease spoon or spatula and spread mixture in pan. Refrigerate. When set, cut into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment