Friday, June 7, 2013

So many good recipes....

I have tried so many good recipes lately I have been a little overwhelmed to blog them all. I am going to write about a few of them here and add the link so you can find them. I will go back and include the recipes later. You can click on the titles or pictures to find the recipe page link.

Slow-Cooker Lasagna Soup

This is the sauce this recipe calls for.
It's in the soup isle. 
This is not exactly a summer time dish, but I made it tonight and it was soooo good. It is also really easy and bonus, way less calories than regular lasagna. I think I really even like it better than lasagna because it is not so overloaded with cheese. Cheese is only a garnish on the top. Oh my goodness this was good. I also really liked the Italian Turkey Sausage. I will always use turkey sausage when making this because I imagine it would be quite a bit greasier with regular sausage. YUM!!


P.F. Chang's Lettuce Wraps

These really are spot on. Maybe even better. I added just a little more heat when I made them with just a little more chili garlic sauce. If you don't want any heat just flavor I suggest only one teaspoon of the chili garlic sauce instead of the two that it calls for. I also added about half the peanut butter because I don't like a strong peanut flavor. It can be over-powering sometimes. James and I both agree it doesn't really need the nuts at all, and instead of half a can of water chestnuts I used the full can. Because I love water chestnuts. They were also super easy to make and the ground chicken really made a big difference too. Sometimes it's hard to find but it's not overly expensive. This is another really good and healthy recipe. I will be making this one again and again, and probably never going to P.F. Chang's again.



Olive Cheese Bread

A friend introduced us to this recipe quite awhile ago, but I didn't ever try it myself until tonight. This is NOT a healthy recipe but it sure is tasty! I am not particularly an olive lover, especially green olives, but they really bring this recipe together. I don't like pimento stuffed green olives so I just used plain green olives. This is a really good recipe to make when you have company because you can have a little and you will be reassured that the rest will get eaten with no leftovers to taunt you in your fridge.

Nutella Brownies

These were delicious and about the simplest brownie recipe you will find. I will include the recipe below because it's just that simple. I think they need just a little bit of salt so I have included it in the recipe below. The link on the internet shows them made in individual brownie cups but honestly I think it is best just in a 8X8 or 9X9 glass pan. They will be more moist that way. Also get creative with the toppings. I used white chocolate and pecans, but I think they would be great with chocolate chips, toffee, caramel, any kind of nut... you name it.

1 cup Nutella
2 eggs
10 Tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
toppings

mix together and bake for 30 minutes on 350 degrees.

More recipes to come. I promise.

3 comments:

  1. I want P.F. Chang's Lettuce Wraps when I come. I'll plan in it, k? See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. salivating.............................

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's in the spread for the Olive Cheese Bread?

    ReplyDelete