Saturday, October 5, 2013

Pasta with Zucchini, Tomatoes, and Creamy Lemon-Yogurt Sauce

I LOVE vegetarian cooking. I always have. We've been doing a little bit more of it here and it has been delightful. Although, Lucy hasn't cared for it that much... even though she doesn't really like meat I think she's less fond of all those fresh veggies that she's been seeing on her plate lately. She's always good to try a bite or two, but she lets us know when she's ready for "Mac n' Cheese" or "Chicken Nuggets." (Don't worry we never give in). 
This is one recipe that I've already made twice and I love it. I love the fresh lemon flavor, I love the zucchini, I just love it. It also makes great leftovers. And I do make it with the whole wheat noodles. They taste really good as well. Please try this one. It will be worth your time. 

Pasta with Zucchini, Tomatoes, and Creamy Lemon- Yogurt Sauce
(The name alone is a mouthful. Click the picture to go to original site of recipe)

8 oz of whole wheat spaghetti pasta
1/2 cup of plain non-fat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 tsp grated lemon zest
salt and pepper
1 Tbsp olive oil (or less)
3 medium zucchinis cut into thin strips
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes cut lengthwise

1. Cook pasta according to directions
2. While pasta is cooking make your sauce in a seperate bowl by mixing together yogurt, lemon, cheese, and salt and pepper.
3. Saute zucchini in olive oil until starting to become translucent, add garlic saute until zucchini is translucent. Add tomatoes and saute for 2 minutes, remove from burner. 
4. Add sauce and noodles and stir until well incorporated. 

1 comment:

  1. My husband is a meat and potatoes man. *sigh* While he will dive head first into the meat, I dive with equal delight into zucchini, squash, broccoli...well, you get the idea. I make the same zucchini/spaghetti, but I add stewed tomatoes instead of the yogurt sauce. I just cannot tolerate anything white and creamy. I have no idea why, but *shivers*.

    ReplyDelete