Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Crepes

My college roommate used to make crepes for us all the time. This is actually her recipe and it is so good and easy to work with once you get the hang of it. It took me awhile to master the art of making crepes but I decided my real confidence came with finally having a gas stove. Now that I do, I think it will be difficult to go back to electric. Regardless, here is the recipe and I will try and explain the procedure as best I can, but I think you will have to figure out a method that works best for you.


Crepes

1 1/2 c flour
2/3 c sugar
2 big spoonfulls of oil
4 eggs

Mix all of this together then add +

2 c milk a little at a time

I use a fry pan and keep it about medium low heat. I spray a little bit of cooking spray before every other crepe. I use about 1/3 to 1/2 c of batter for each crepe, pouring in the middle and then out to the edges then holding the pan up let the extra batter fall to the outer edges. (Does this make any sense??) Here is a youtube video that shows what I am trying to say. Good luck.

As for toppings, I like to mix cream cheese with a little bit of sugar and vanilla, and put it with strawberries and top with cool whip or any whipped topping. Bananas and Nutella, or ham and cheese are always good as well. But I know JoEllen's family gets way more creative than that.

2 comments:

  1. The toppings are all the fun, thekids love mini marshmallows and caramel sauce and any and all types of choc. Chips and nuts. I tried a savory one with sautéed spinach, and mushrooms and mozzarella....t was soooooooooo good. You are making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not even French and you are rockin' the crepes. You go girl! :)

    ReplyDelete