Sunday, March 17, 2013

Southwest Salad with Spicy Cilantro Dressing

Here is another good healthy dish. I have made similar salads in the past. They usually call for some sort of Avocado dressing, which are usually delicious, but very messy to make and don't last more than a day. That was my favorite part about this salad. The dressing is very low in fat and delicious for several days after, so left overs are not out of the question. I still don't own a grill so I don't have the luxury of adding grilled chicken but i just bake my chicken breast with a little bit of olive oil, salt and ground pepper and it tastes great.

Southwest Salad with Spicy Cilantro Dressing

Romaine lettuce
Red bell pepper
Corn (canned is good)
Black beans
Green onion
Shredded cheddar cheese
Sliced grilled chicken breast

Dressing

1- 6 oz plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup minced cilantro
2 Tbsp mayo
1/4 cup fat free half and half
1/2 tsp dill
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (use only a pinch if you don't want it to be as spicy)
1 tsp cumin
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp sugar

Mix your dressing and top chopped salad ingredients. Yummy!

2 comments:

  1. I made this for Brad's side of the family on Sat, and it was DEVOURED!! We all loved it- it was so filling and had great flavor (besides the fact that's it's healthy!) . We will definitely be making this again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I'm making this again, and I just saw that you said something about not having a grill for chicken. If you still don't own a grill (or even if you do), I highly recommend a George Foreman grill (the one with removeable plates, especially, because then you can stick them in the dishwasher!)- I use it all the time to grill chicken, and it's great!

    ReplyDelete