Sunday, March 17, 2013

Quinoa Vegetable Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing

We have been trying to eat a little healthier in the Stewart home, and that means adding lots of veggies and fruits to our meals. James doesn't usually like some of the really healthy stuff I make but he made a deal with me that if we didn't eat out for a month he would eat anything I cooked including the weird healthy stuff and he also said I could buy the family first aid Doterra Essential Oils I have been wanting for awhile. It's pretty expensive but I know and he knows I would put all of them to good use and try and get others to do the same. (That's another story for my other blog). Anyway, I tried this recipe recently and I LOVED IT!!! Oh my goodness, it is such a fresh and delicious combination of flavors. We ate it as a main dish, but I could see myself making it the next time I'm asked to bring a salad to a ward potluck or something. I really could go on. TRY IT! You'll like it.

Quinoa Vegetable Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing

1 cup uncooked Quinoa
15 oz can garbanzo beans
3 roma tomatoes
1 orange bell pepper
1 1/2 cups of corn (frozen corn, thawed)
4 green onions

Dressing

2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
1 1/2 tsp basil (fresh if you have it)

Rinse quinoa and cook according to directions (I like to cook mine in chicken broth to add a little bit of flavor).
In a small bowl mix dressing and set aside.
Slice veggies and set aside.
When quinoa is cooked and cooled mix with veggies and dressing. Let cool in fridge and serve. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment