Sunday, August 5, 2012

Product Post: And "Perfect" food

I don't know what addictive substance Guerrero has added to this "improved formula" of tortillas but I can not stop eating them. Actually they were my favorite before, but I really wish I knew who was responsible for the improved formula because I would write them a letter and say thank you for kicking it up at least 7 notches. James can vouch for my addiction too, because I am sure we have never eaten so much Mexican food since I discovered them. Bean and cheese tortillas with Valentina sauce has always been a quick favorite of mine, but with this "new formula" Guerrero tortillas it is on my "perfect" food list. (I will reveal this list in a future post. It's not ready yet, but be for warned that there is a good deal of Mexican food on this list).  It is the recipe I share with you today, as ridiculous as it seems to share such a simple recipe, I can't express in words how much I love it. I must have some Mexican in me somewhere.

PS. In case you can't read the small yellow writing "formula mejorada" means "improved formula" and that is what I am talking about in this blog. 

Bean and Cheese Tortillas

Two large scoops of canned re-fried beans
Two spoonfuls of shredded cheddar cheese
1 Guerrero new formula tortilla
Valentina sauce to taste

1. Lay tortilla flat on microwavable plate.
2. Spread beans on middle of tortilla, sprinkle cheese on top of beans.
3. Microwave for 1 minute
4. Smother or sprinkle with Valentina sauce and fold tortilla flaps over top of beans. Enjoy!
 

1 comment:

  1. This is my new go to food, but I have to use fat free beans and fat free tortillas and no cheese. It sounds wicked gross when you write it down. I do smother it in homemade salsa so that kind of makes up for it.

    ReplyDelete