Sunday, August 19, 2012

Brunch Berry Pizza (Fruit Pizza)

My sister-in-law made this fruit pizza for dessert for one of the meals at the Stewart family reunion. I loved it so much that I requested she make it again for my Birthday when I found out she was going to be here. She offered several times to make me a cake, but I knew what I wanted. It turned out even more delicious the second time because I had all of the proper kitchen appliances that she needed. Oh were my expectations exceeded with this one. Technically I haven't made it myself, but it was made in my kitchen with my supplies so I am going to consider that a close enough success and am going to take liberty to share it with you this day. Anna wanted to add that this is not a recipe that you can take lightly. Just meaning that you can't throw it together last minute, you will need some time and preparation to put it together the way it is meant to be put together. I will add, IT'S WORTH IT!!! Best fruit pizza HANDS DOWN I have ever eaten!

Brunch Berry Pizza

1 cup flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup cold butter
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
TOPPING:
1 3/4 cups frozen mixed berries, thawed (Anna used fresh berries)
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup water
A variety of your favorite fresh fruit sliced

1. In a bowl, combine flour and powdered sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Press into an ungreased 12 in pizza pan (or any flat pan). Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until crust is set and edges are lightly browned.
2. Beat cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth. Spread over crust. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until set. Cool to room temperature.
3. Topping: process berries and sugar in a blender or food processor until blended. Ina saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Add berry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Set saucepan in ice water 15 minutes stirring several times.
4. Spread berry mixture over the cream cheese layer. Arrange fresh fruit on top. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.


2 comments:

  1. sha-dang! that looks incredible. Man I miss having you guys close enough for me to be your taster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrump-didly-umptious....looks amazing. I want a piece right now....

    ReplyDelete