Monday, September 17, 2012

Tuscan Pasta with Tomato-Basil Cream

Awhile back we bought a big bag of 4-cheese ravioli from Costco that we haven't really loved. I think it tastes fine, but I guess James has had better (in Uruguay) so he wasn't a fan. However, I was determined to finish off the bag and tried this recipe to do so. It really did make the ravioli taste great. I found it on pinterest so you may recognize it, but this is me recommending it as a good eat. I would make it again, but maybe use a different ravioli or tortellini.

Tuscan Pasta with Tomato-Basil Cream

1 20 oz package refrigerated four cheese ravioli
1 16oz jar sun dried tomato Alfredo sauce (I couldn't find this sauce anywhere so I just bought a Classico jar of Alfredo and cut up about 1/2 a cup of sun-dried tomatoes and added it to the Alfredo sauce)
2 Tbsp white wine (I didn't have it so I didn't add it. It didn't seem to make a difference)
2 medium size fresh tomatoes chopped (I substituted with a can of diced tomatoes, drained.)
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Garnish: fresh basil

1. Prepare pasta according to directions.
2. Pour Alfredo sauce into a medium saucepan. Pour wine into sauce jar, cover tightly, and shake well. Add to saucepan. (Again, I didn't do this). Stir in tomatoes and basil and cook over medium low heat for 5 minutes until heated through. Toss with pasta and top evenly with Parmesan Cheese. Garnish if desired.

This sauce I would make again, maybe with a different cheese pasta or even regular pasta with some Italian sausages.


No comments:

Post a Comment