Monday, September 24, 2012

Better than... Pumpkin Cake

I made this purely to fulfill a pregnant craving that I have had for awhile. I am not usually a huge fan of pumpkin anything. I like it okay, but its never my first choice. Well, if you ever get on pinterest there are about a million pumpkin recipes on there and I guess I had just been looking at all of them for too long, because I desired more than anything to make something with pumpkin. This is the recipe I chose and although it does not taste very strongly of pumpkin, I really enjoyed it, and the craving is gone.
It really is no different than the original "Better than... cake," made with chocolate cake. The only difference is they use a pumpkin/yellow cake for the base and everything else is exactly the same. So it's pretty safe that it is going to be delicious.

Better than... Pumpkin Cake

1 box yellow cake mix
1 small can pumpkin
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 8 oz tub cool whip
1/2 bag Heath Bits
Carmel Sundae Sauce

1. In a large bowl, mix together cake mix and pumpkin until smooth batter forms.
2. Pour batter into a well greased 9x13 baking dish. Bake 350 degrees according to the directions on box.
3. Let cool for about 10 minutes. Using bottom of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over the top of the cake.
4. Pour sweetened condensed milk over the cake, filling the holes. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Spread cool whip over top of cake. Sprinkle on Heath bits, and drizzle caramel over top. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight (best).

2 comments:

  1. O.k...this just added 5 lbs. looking at the recipe...won't deter me from trying it though. Maybe you could have it made for me when I arrive on Friday....I'm just sayin'....

    ReplyDelete