Friday, January 4, 2013

Lauri's Snickerdoodle Cookies

I don't know where this recipe comes from but in my mom's cookbook it is titled, "Lauri's Snickerdoodle Cookies." I don't remember creating any recipes of my own but I will say they always turn out good when I make them. I know others have tried and not been so fortunate. I don't know what I do different, but these always turn out so soft and yummy.

Lauri's Snickerdoodle Cookies

1 c. shortening
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 c. flour
2 tsp cream of tarter
1 tsp soda
1/4 tsp salt

2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Cream shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla (only just slightly, keep it lumpy) Add dry ingredients. Mix only until ingredients are combined. Using a cook scoop, scoop balls of dough into cinnamon/sugar mixture and cover completely. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not going to comment on every recipe in here but just letting you know I'm glad you are back. You don't know how many times I come to this blog for my dinner plans. Love your recipes and I especially love it when you cook them for me. Keep up the good work. I love it.

    ReplyDelete