Friday, August 9, 2013

My Favorite Taco Soup

I've been meaning to post this recipe for ages. I love soup! That's not a secret. I love Taco Soup and this recipe has such a great flavor, it's the one I use all the time. This recipe is adapted from The Food Nanny's Cookbook. There are just a few changes that I've made to it and it really is the best. Warning: This recipe makes a lot. Either for a big family or a small family with company, this soup can feed the masses for cheap!

My Favorite Taco Soup

1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
2 cans red kidney beans, drained (Personally, I like one can kidney and one can pinto)
2 cans corn (not drained)
1 2.5 oz can sliced olives (not drained)
2 cans diced tomatoes (not drained)
1 can beef broth
1 small can tomato sauce (optional)

Top with cheese, sour cream, and chips

1. Brown ground beef with chopped onion and green pepper. Drain fat if needed. Add all other ingredients and cook on medium heat until soup is hot and flavors all blended. (You can also put it all in a crock pot and let it cook on low for 5-6 hours)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this soup! Making it tonight even though you just made it for us:)

    ReplyDelete