Sunday, May 1, 2016

Mandy's Sheet Cake

I want to print this blog so that I have my own cookbook, but before I do, there are several recipes that I need to add, that have become some of our family's favorites or the past few years. So I will comment very little on these recipes. 

Just a quick note, this is my sister-in-law's sheet cake recipe that she got from her Grandma Nyles. It has become my favorite version too.

Mandy's Sheet Cake

Bring to a boil:
    1 Stick of butter
    1/2 C of oil
    1 C water
Pour over and mix into:
    2 C sugar
    2 C flour
    1/4 C cocoa
Add:
    2 beaten eggs
    1/2 C buttermilk
    1 1/2 tsp soda (mix it into buttermilk)
    1 tsp vanilla
Bake in sheet pan @ 350 degrees for 20 mins

Frosting
Melt:
     1 Stick of butter
     1/3 C buttermilk
Pour into and beat:
     1/2 32 oz bag of powdered sugar
     1/4 C cocoa
Add:
     1 C nuts (optional)
     1 tsp vanilla

Frost cake while hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment