I went through a phase where I tried all kinds of quiche recipes. This is by far my favorite and I use this recipe interchangeably with whatever I have in my fridge, cooked vegetables, lunch meat, or sausage, this recipe is really just a base for whatever I want it to be. And my kids love it.
Crustless Ham and Cheddar Quiche
2 Tbs olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 cup chopped carrots (or any other vegetables)
4 large eggs
1 cup whole milk (I sometimes use rice milk as a substitute)
1 Tbs cold butter
1/2 cup baking mix (bisquick or pancake mix works)
8 oz chopped ham
2 cups shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In medium pan saute onions and carrots in olive oil over medium heat for four minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs and add milk to combine.
4. With pastry cutter or fork mix cold butter into baking mix until small pea sized pieces form. Add this to the egg and milk mixture and mix until combined.
5. Add ham, cheese and sauted vegetables to egg mixture and stir with wooden spoon to combine.
6. Spray caserole dish or pie plate and pour into dish. Bake for 30-40 mins until tooth pick comes clean.