Friday, July 1, 2011

Chicken Parmesan

I love Chicken Parmesan, but really hate to make fried food. Mostly because I am not very good at frying food. I always use too much oil, and can't quite get the temperature right, plus I really hate the smell that lingers for days on end in my house and clothes. So I came up with this recipe that involves no frying but tastes just as great. This recipe is just based on principles I've learned but I made it up after lots of trials and errors. (Sorry for the lack of specific measurements)

Chicken Parmesan

Thawed chicken breasts, or tenderloins
2 to 3 Tbsp flour
2 eggs (beaten)
1 to 2 cups crushed crackers or croutons
1 to 2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp parsley
2 to 3 Tbsp Butter (Melted)
2 Tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste

1 bottle of spaghetti sauce (I like Barilla tomato and basil)
Angle hair pasta cooked according to directions on box or bag (or any other noodles you like)
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (about 1 to 2 cups)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Put flour in one bowl, beaten eggs in another bowl, and mix together other ingredients in another bowl.
3. Prepare a baking sheet with non-stick spray. Bread each chicken breast or tenderloin by placing thawed breast or tenderloin in the flour (just a light coating), then in the beaten egg, and then the the breading mixture completely coating the breast or tenderloin. Place on the baking sheet. Repeat until all the breasts and tenderloins are breaded. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or cooked through.
4. While Chicken is baking, boil noodles, drain and place in the bottom of casserole dish. In the same pot used to boil the noodles heat up the spaghetti sauce.
5. Pour 2/3 of the sauce on top of the prepared noodles in the casserole dish. Place the cooked chicken on top of the bed of noodles and sauce. Pour remaining sauce on top of chicken, and cover with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until the cheese is melted completely.

1 comment:

  1. Yum...one of my favorites. Still loving your blog. I'm actually cooking more than normal lately... still wishing you were my personal cook again but I'm glad you have James to cook for.

    ReplyDelete