Monday, November 14, 2011

Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves

I made these last night and realized they weren't on my blog yet. It is one of our most favorite recipes. It comes from my mom's cook book and she made it for us a lot growing up. I tell James every time, what she would say every time, "The only thing about this recipe, is you can't try it to make sure it is good, or tasting right." (because it's all mixed with raw meat...) But it is kind of a no-fail recipe. I have exchanged ingredients and not added ingredients because I didn't have them and they always turned out great! (Sorry for the lack of picture, I thought about this after we devoured them all).

Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves

1 egg
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp. salt
3/4 c. milk
1/2 c. quick cooking oats
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 lb ground beef
2/3 c. ketchup
1 1/2 tsp mustard
1/2 c. brown sugar

1. Preheat oven 350 degrees
2. In a bowl beat egg and milk. Stir in cheese, oats, onion, and salt. Add beef and mix well. (I usually just do this part with my hands). (Also I like to mix in some of the Ketchup mixture into the loaves)
3. Shape into eight oval shaped loaves (like footballs), place on a greased 13 in x9 in x2 in baking dish.
4. Combine Ketchup, Mustard, and brown sugar, spoon over loaves. (I like to include part of this mixture into the meat loaf as well)
5. Bake for 45 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment