Saturday, December 22, 2012

Baked Sweet Potatoes

I was in the produce section and I had the desire to experiment with some things that I hadn't cooked with before. I picked up some yams and sweet potatoes. If you are interested in the difference between yams and  sweet potatoes click here. I didn't know the difference but it seems like what everyone calls sweet potatoes is really yams. Correct me if I'm wrong. Regardless, I picked up both, but this recipe really is for yams. I haven't tried it with my sweet potatoes.
So this is a simple "recipe" that my sister shared with me that she learned from Rachel Ray. If you're tired of baked potatoes this is a great way to change it up. I'm pretty sure it's healthier for you too. We ate these with a side salad and it filled us up completely.

Baked Sweet Potatoes

Several whole raw yams
Olive Oil
Coarse sea salt

Scrub potatoes until completely clean. Poke with fork several times and every side of potato. Place on baking sheet and baste each potato with olive oil. Top generously with coarse sea salt. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes at 425 degrees.

Texas Road House Style Cinnamon Butter

1 cube of butter (at room temperature)
2/3 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Beat together and mash into your baked potatoes for a delicious meal.

1 comment:

  1. so good to have you back and blogging again. Keep it up, I need some new recipes for the new year.

    ReplyDelete