Saturday, December 22, 2012

My favorite Sugar Cookie Recipe

I think I've mentioned my neighbor Martha. She is the one that taught me to make cookies. My cookie mentor if you will. This is her sugar cookie recipe and I just don't think there is one out there that is better. These turn out semi thin but still super soft. That's how I like them. I guess with sugar cookies it's really just a matter of preference. I have seen so many recipes floating around pinterest and other places saying that their's is "the BEST sugar cookie recipe," but I'm not convinced there is a "best" when it comes to sugar cookie recipes. So if your interested, this is the one I like most of all.


Martha's Soft Sugar Cookies

Mix together:
3 cups sugar
1 1/2 cup shortening
3 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
3 tsp vanilla
Sift together and add to above mixture:
8 to 10 cups flour
3 tsp soda
6 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt

Roll and Cut then bake on greased baking sheet for 8 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees

Butter Cream Frosting

1/4 cup butter
3 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp salt
4 Tbsp Milk
1 capful of Almond Extract

No comments:

Post a Comment