Thursday, August 25, 2011

Easy Creamy Italian Chicken and Rice (for the Slow Cooker)

This is one of my go to recipe's when I just don't have the time to make dinner. I know it is one of JoEllen's too, because I have had it at her house more than once. The great thing about it is that it is very kid friendly.

Easy Creamy Italian Chicken and Rice

1 or 2 lbs of chicken (I just throw in frozen chicken)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 8 oz package of cream cheese
1 packet of Italian salad dressing mix
Rice (follow directions on package whether minute rice or in a rice cooker)

1. In a slow cooker put the chicken at the bottom, cream cheese, soup, and dressing mix all together and put on low.
2. After a couple of hours when chicken is thawed and cream cheese is melted some, mix around with the soup and mix. Leave in the slow cooker until chicken is cooked through.
3. Before serving, cook rice and shred chicken if desired. Top rice with creamy chicken.

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......that ones next on my list of "gotta tries".

    ReplyDelete