Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Comfort Cake

So I got this recipe from Traci. (I have no idea where she got it from, and let's be honest, as long as good recipes get passed my way, I credit the sharer of the recipe as the original source). I haven't made this cake for awhile but Traci made it just last week for Max's birthday. It is her picture I share today along with "her" recipe.
I love this cake. Anyone who knows me knows that I am always looking for homemade, moist cake recipes. This still uses a cake mix, but for all the extra ingredients added, it is good enough for me. The best part is that it is delicious by itself. It does not need icing. But like Traci said to me the other night, "but it sure is good with icing too!" Enjoy!

Comfort Cake

1 box devils food cake mix
1 small box instant chocolate pudding
1 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup pure olive oil
4 large eggs
3/4 cup warm water
1 large package mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup powdered sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat one 9x13 inch pan with olive oil cooking spray.
2. In mixer bowl add cake mix, pudding mix, yogurt, eggs, and olive oil. Blend on medium speed for 2 minutes.
3. Turn mixer onto low speed and slowly add water. Mix until well blended. Fold in Chocolate Chips.
4. Pour into pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until knife comes out clean in the center. Cool in pan and then sprinkle with powdered sugar.

*Thanks Traci!*

2 comments:

  1. sounds yummy! I learned of an easy super moist cake recently--cook a cook n serve pudding mix with 3 cups of milk, stir in cake mix, sprinkle with chocolate chips and or/nuts/coconut, bake 350 for half an hour. no eggs/oil and a wonderful springy texture--you can do all chocolate, or vanilla with spice, or any combination. very dangerous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I had a piece right now for my bedtime snack....but I went to the Frostop and got a hot fudge sundae.....

    ReplyDelete