Thursday, September 22, 2011

Grandma Sullivan's Chilli

If you are a Sullivan/ Wells/ Webb and visit Grandma Sullivan during lunch time, you know Grandma Sullivan's Chilli. She makes a big pot of it and keeps it hot on the stove for anyone to that drops by. And it will be what you get for lunch everyday until it is gone. It is so easy to make and so delicious and great for big families.
Sunday I had my sullivan cousins over for dinner and made a big pot of this chilli. I also surprised them with a Grandma Sullivan Cake! I was in St. George on Saturday and asked Grandma to make me a cake to bring for this occasion. I knew she could not say no to pleasing a few of her grandkids. It was so fun. Just like old times when we would sit for hours on Grandma's front porch eating that cake and just laughing. I am so grateful for those memories and for cousins. It felt as though not a week had been missed spending a Sunday together. We laughed just as we did before.

Grandma Sullivan's Chilli

1 lb of ground beef (browned and drained)
1/4 onion diced
1 large can of Pork N Beans
1 small can of baked beans
2 cans white beans (drained)
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 cans tomato soup
1 1/2 packets of chilli seasoning
(I also like to add 1/4 cup brown sugar and a little extra chilli powder)

1. brown meat and onion and drain off grease.
2. open cans and poor it all together. (don't forget to drain the white beans) add seasonings and let simmer until cooked together.

2 comments:

  1. So fun, and so cool that you put that together. You look beautiful in that picture. I love our cousins, we had good times together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May there always be cousins. Thanks, Lauri for sharing that and for doing that. It takes a special person to keep past memories and relationships alive. You are so good at doing that and I love that about you, (and many other things as well).

    ReplyDelete