Sunday, June 10, 2012

Christmas Crack

I don't actually know the name of this cereal treat, but for the sake of this post and I am going to call it Christmas Crack! Only because my Aunt Joice makes a huge bowl of it for our Christmas Eve party at my Grandma's house every year and it is impossible to stop picking and eating it all night long.
I hunted down this recipe from her because I needed to make a treat for our CubScout pinewood derby. I was a CubScout den leader in my last ward and I got out of attending lots of activities by volunteering to bring the refreshments. I would drop off the treats and go home to put my baby to bed. (Confession: Most of these activities took place on Tuesday evenings... I really just needed to be home so I could watch the Biggest Looser) I knew this would be a hit, and it was! I made a HUGE batch and thought for sure there would be leftovers sent home. There was not even one piece of cereal left at the bottom of that bowl. Big disappointment. I was looking forward to eating a fatty, sugary, snack while watching my Biggest Looser.
WARNING: THIS IS NOT A HEALTHY SNACK!
2ND WARNING: BUT IT IS SOOOO GOOD IT TOTALLY DOESN'T MATTER!


Christmas Crack

3 cubes butter
2 cups Sugar
2 cups Karo Syrup

Boil 3 minutes remove from stove and add 1-2 tsp vanilla.

1 big box Rice Chex
1 big box Golden Grahms
1 bag coconut
1 bag slivered almonds


Mix Cereals in a very large bowl, and pour hot sugar mixture over the cereal mixture.
Stir gently until all cereal is coated.
Lay out on cookie sheets and let cool uncovered. Put back in the bowl and serve.



1 comment:

  1. Oh man this stuff is so good. I have never had the recipe, so I only got it when others gifted it to me, but this Christmas I can go crazy and eat all the Christmas crack I want.

    ReplyDelete