Friday, June 29, 2012

Buttermilk Syrup

Okay, so this has got to be the most unhealthy stuff on the face of this earth, but it is SO delicious. I got this recipe from my cousin Meika. We were having waffles at their home one Sunday, and there was no butter on the table but there was this delicious syrup. When I learned the recipe, I quickly realized no butter is needed when this syrup is served, because all butter is included in the syrup. Convenient right?
Mine turned out a little bit darker color than Meika's, I think because I cooked it just a little longer than I was supposed to, but it tastes just as wonderful. You can use it like regular syrup but it would also be delicious on ice cream. Enjoy!


Buttermilk Syrup

1 cup buttermilk
1 cup butter (yup! 2 cubes)
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups white sugar
2 Tbsp corn syrup
2 tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients except vanilla in medium large pot over medium heat. Don't curdle milk. Once boiling stir continuously for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add vanilla. Mix. Let cool. Store in fridge for weeks. Makes about 3 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment