Saturday, June 23, 2012

Sausage and Peppers= SUCCESS!!!

We tried our first freezer meal yesterday. Sausage and Peppers. We put it on a day old baggett that I toasted with some butter, little bit of garlic salt, and Swiss cheese. It was DELICIOUS! We used Mild Italian sausages in this one but I put Hot sausages in the other that we made and both of us agree that we would love a little more heat. If you are making this for kids, I think they would even eat it. It had such a good flavor. I cut the sausages in half long ways and stuffed the sandwich with lots of peppers and onions. Also the recipe only calls for 3 sausages in each bag. Most Italian sausages come in packages of five. If you have a bigger family you can easily throw in some more sausages and peppers into each bag. I put four in each, and it was perfect to fill us up and have a few leftovers for lunch the next day.
One thing they don't mention on the blog was how to get it from the freezer bag to the crockpot. I guess you could pull it out the night before you want to cook it and leave it in the fridge. I just put it in a sink of cold water for 20 minutes. I was able to break it up small enough to throw it in the crockpot and walk away. I can tell I am going to love this already!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to try these....I know they will work; well, I take it back. If anyone can screw it up it would be me but I'll try to follow the recipe precisely. Thanks for all of these wonderful recipes.

    ReplyDelete