Friday, June 24, 2011

Blueberry Kuchen

I really like this one. It comes from Taste of Home, Best Church Supper Recipes. Anna, my sister-in-law brought this recipe to my attention when I told her about my experiment. It is like a blueberry breakfast cake. I brought this to a dinner we had with my Uncle Gawain's family. My Aunt Gayle told me this is a German recipe and is pronounced Koo-Ken. I liked that.

Blueberry Kuchen

1 1/2 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt
2/3 c. milk
1/4 c. butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
(I added a couple of heaping Tbsp of yogurt,... just for good measure)

Topping:
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. flour
1/4 c. butter, melted

1. In a mixing bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add milk, butter, egg and vanilla. Beat for two minutes or until well blended.
2. Pour into a greased 13 x9x2 baking pan. Sprinkle with blueberries. In a bowl combine sugar and flour; add butter. Toss with a fork until crumbly; sprinkle over blueberries.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until lightly browned.

1 comment:

  1. I've been trying out some of your recipes Lauri! So good! Tried this one just today! yum, yum!

    ReplyDelete