Thursday, June 16, 2011

Crusty Cheese Noodle Casserole

This is basically your classic twice baked spaghetti. It may seem a little childish, but it is one of my most favorite meals. It probably always will be. My mom made this for us often growing up. It is also in our family cookbook. I still love making the food I grew up on. That's probably why I love it so much. If nothing else, it's quick easy and your kids will love it. I promise.

Crusty Cheese Noodle Casserole

1 lb (or more) ground beef
1/2 onion (chopped)
salt and pepper to taste
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
1 package of egg noodles
lots of shredded cheddar cheese

1. brown beef with chopped onion add a little salt and pepper. Drain grease and stir in spaghetti sauce, set aside
2. cook noodles according to package directions, drain
3. put noodles at the bottom of casserole dish top with spaghetti mixture, and lots of shredded cheese.
4. bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. (until cheese starts to get brown and crusty around the edges. I like it a little browner around the edges than pictured here).

****To change this recipe slightly, mix in 1/2 c. sour cream and 3/4 c. cottage cheese to the egg noodles before you top it with the spaghetti mixture. So yummy.

3 comments:

  1. yum, that looks like a super easy lasagna! can't wait to try on monday (our italian night around here).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this "casserole" for Relief Society tonight and it went quickly. I was pleased as cooking is not my forte' as it is yours. Oh, and the Grape Salad....well, talk about creme de la creme...oh, my was it delish. Your talent is rubbing off on me I'm thinking!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So spelling is not my forte' but that's old news.

    ReplyDelete