Monday, June 6, 2011

Stuffed Shells

This is a fairly recent recipe I have learned and we like it, especially James. He loves Italian food. It makes a LOT so you big families this is a good meal for you and the kids will love it, I promise! (It's cheese, noodles and sauce... how could they not).
I got this recipe from my visiting teaching companion Jaquelyn Penrose. She brought me these just after I had Lucy. Her husband mentioned that it was the first meal she made for him and it was love from then on. This recipe is also on the back of the jumbo shell box, with just a couple of changes. PS. The picture is only a half batch of shells. It makes a lot.

Stuffed Shells

1 box jumbo shells
4 c. (2 lbs) small curd cottage cheese
2 c. (8 oz) grated mozzarella cheese
3/4 c. parmesan cheese
3 eggs
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 tsp. parsley
3/4 tsp. oregano
32 oz. jar spagetti sauce (I like the barilla spicy marinara)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cook shells according to box instructions, drain, set aside on foil or wax paper.
3. Combine cheeses, eggs, & spices.
4. Spread thin layer of spagetti sauce on the bottom of 9x13 pan.
5. Fill each shell with 2 Tbsp. cheese mix (or just a large spoonful) and place on the pan close together.
6. Cover with sauce (and more cheese if you want. I always want more cheese). Then cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment