Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Grape Salad

I got this recipe from my sister Traci. I got a big bag of delicious purple grapes, and I knew we would not be able to eat them all and all of the other produce that I got in my basket if I didn't get creative. I remember Traci had this recipe and decided I would try it. So GOOD! It is less appealing but very delicious. I put mine in a bowl with the sugar and nuts on top but she says to put it in a glass caserole dish with the sugar and nuts spread on top. Pictured is a half recipe. So it makes a lot. And it really works best if you have firm grapes.

Grape Salad

4 lbs grapes
1 (8 0z) package of cream cheese
1 c. sour cream
1 c. cool whip
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. chopped pecans

1. Wash grapes, take them off the vines and put them into a large bowl.
2. In a seperate bowl, whip together cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and cool whip. Then add to the grapes and coat thoroughly. Place in a large caserole dish.
3. mix nuts and brown sugar and sprinkle on top. Keep cool until served.

1 comment:

  1. Just bought me some grapes...now I've gotta get the rest of the ingredients. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete