Friday, June 3, 2011

Homestyle Cornbread Muffins

I love cornbread! I didn't think there was a recipe out there that could beat the MTC's cornbread, but I found it. This is the BEST cornbread recipe I ever! I make it all the time with soups and chilli's. You never need to buy another mix if you keep a box of corn meal in your cupboard. I got this recipe from my Relief Society president, Katie Bond. I don't know where she got it, but she made it for an activity once and I had to have it!

Homestyle Cornbread Muffins

1/2 c. butter
2/3 c. sugar
1 c. buttermilk (or 1 c. milk with 1 Tbsp of vinegar mixed in)
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. + 1 Tbsp cornmeal
1 1/3 c. flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda

Preheat oven to 350*
1. cream butter and sugar until there are no lumps. add eggs, and buttermilk and blend well.
2. in a seperate bowl sift salt, cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and baking soda together. add to liquid, stir just until wet.
3. pour into muffin tins (fill them close to the top), and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
(makes about a dozen standard size muffins)

No comments:

Post a Comment