Friday, June 3, 2011

My Recipe Blog

Writing a recipe book has sort of been a bucket list item of mine. I read lots of cook books. (Yes, read.... like you would a novel that you love, over and over again from start to finish). I am sure my collection of cook books is small compared to some, but I am picky about what cookbooks I will put in my cupboard. I like ones with pictures and I like when the author talks about why they included certain recipes in this particular collection of recipes or comments on where they came from. These are all things I consider when I think of writing my own cookbook. I haven't quite figured out the angle or theme, but in attempt to write my own cook book one day I have decided to start this recipe blog where I will include all my favorite recipes in one spot. I love sharing recipes and collecting recipes. Along with all my cookbooks is a stack of papers and recipe cards that I have collected from various people over the years.
Very few of these recipes are my own. With that said I will include where I received each recipe in hopes to give credit where credit is due. I plan to add pictures with each recipe as well. but to begin with, there are a bunch of recipes that people have asked for, so I will post them with out pictures and as I revisit these recipes in my own kitchen, I will add pictures later. I do guarantee that all recipes that I post have been tried and tested and are delicious if prepared correctly. :)

With all of that being said, .... here it goes... my first cooking blog.

5 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic idea Lauri. I know which book or box all my favorite recipes are in, but it would be nice to have them all in one spot. And to be able to easily publish one day for my kids.......will you just make sure all the recipes you got from me get in here then you can give my kids a copy for their graduation or wedding presents!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the plan. I'm glad youike it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hip Hip Hooray! I am pleased as punch that you're taking this on. I'm salivating just thinking about what you'll post next.

    (except this is Stef and it will probably post as Zach (but he's not as clever as I am ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can also watch the kitchen cabinets Toronto online. Online Kitchen Cabinets Toronto has a color catalog cabinets and can be your choice to go through all the details.

    Kitchen Cabinets Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing your great cooking recipies with us. I am pleased to visit your bog.

    Granite Countertop

    ReplyDelete