Friday, June 3, 2011

My Favorite Cupboard

Inside this cupboard, lies endless possibilities. If well stocked (which it always is) my tastebuds will never be bored. This is my favorite cupboard. It's my cooking cupboard. There is no order to this cupboard except, my order. I know where all the ingredients are located even though I wouldn't dare ask anyone else to brave to find them, in this mess.
I love that you can take all these raw materials and make such different things when put together in different ways. I suppose thats why I liked Chemistry so much (or perhaps thats why I like cooking so much, because it reminds me of Chemistry). So many people have their own interpretation of the combinations as well. This makes cooking so personalized.

I prefer to have a kitchen stocked with these raw ingredients rather than full of pre-pared foods. Often times, after eating a delicous meal, James will comment that he didn't think we had anything to eat in our kitchen. I always have at least a couple meal ideas on hand with out having to make a trip to the grocery store. It just requires a little imagination and the right ingredients. That's why this blog is my kitchen cabinet. I always have something to bring to the dinner table in my own kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment